Art Gallery

My thoughts on the SCC Art Show

I'm going to start by talking about my process of picking and entering a piece for the show. well, I enter a portrait of mine into the show ( big surprise right?? lol ) 
I picked a portrait that represented my style of work, and I was really happy with my work prize or no prize and was pleased with how everything came together. With my picture I printed on a bigger sheet of paper, a 13x19 so it was the biggest print I have done and it was very cool my work blown up so big. 
I enter the work on a window mount with the help of my class mate Max P. he was a huge help in the construction of the mount since I have never done that style of framing before. 
Come that Monday, the night of the art show, it was very neat to see that amount of people come to a small narrow hallway to view all the work. when I was there gazing at all the art I was very impressed with the drawings art works, I knew personally I could never draw something of that high level. 
It was very cool to one of my classmates Toni Wellman win the photo award, her work was for sure to take a second look at, and my overall experience was very enjoyable with the people interaction, and the learning. 


Comments

Popular Posts